It's been two days since I arrived in Christchurch. Things have been great so far! I'm learning to be more calm and composed in facing any kind of situations.
Today, I needed to see a doctor but my University Health Centre was still closed for New Year's. I freaked out a little because I urgently needed a doctor, didn't want to spend too much money (no job yet and uncertainty) and was unfamiliar with arrangements for seeing a doctor outside of University. After being informed by the university nurse that I needed to see a doctor on my own, I decided to try the pharmacy with hopes that perhaps they could give me the medication that I needed (I had this condition before and know what kind of medication is needed to help). When I arrived at the pharmacy, I was elated when the pharmacist told me that she could prescribe me the medication for a consultation fee (Yay! no need to see a doctor!). Although the consultation fee was NZD 45, still expensive but it was comforting that I could get my medication there and then. For some reason, I was reluctant to see a doctor as I was under the impression it would be very expensive. However, after she asked me a few questions during consultation, she suddenly said that she needed to refer me to a doctor. I decided to try another pharmacy but they gave me the same answer. Luckily I did not have to pay for these two short consultations. I felt at wit's end. I urgently needed medication and decided to call up the clinic. I found out that consulting the doctor costs NZD 77 (more expensive but it's a doctor!). And, I also called up my insurance company and found out that they should likely be able to cover it as long as I provide the relevant documentation. Felt relieved and silly for freaking out earlier.
Lesson Learnt: Don't take things at face value always and be emotional about it. Always take time to think about what I can do to overcome the situation. I believe with a calm heart and mind I will be able to survive well. :)
Also, my time spent with B was absolutely fantastic! I feel like we have gotten closer with time and things were exactly like what I hoped it would be before I arrived. I could feel his sincerity and he was very caring, understanding and nice to me. Can't wait to explore the future with him more. :) Thankful for everything I have now. His support has been so helpful and is so important to me and really make me feel more secure.
No comments:
Post a Comment