Thursday, 23 January 2014

24 January

Still waiting for my work visa outcome.

Although I have been in Christchurch for the past four years, this time around I feel like a traveller. Traveller with no direction. Sometimes I feel lost and miss home a lot.

I read some traveller's blogs online and feel envious of how much they enjoy their holiday process. www.4tern.com's blog was especially refreshing. She's a Malaysian Chinese as well who came to New Zealand for working holiday and later on obtained a work visa. I admire her courage and optimism. Particularly, her entrepreneurial spirit in turning all her experiences into a popular website and published book is amazing to me!

Perhaps, I'm more of a homebody. I used to dislike the feeling of floating around for too long and being "direction-less". I am sort of like on a forced travel situation now. No permanent address and lots of waiting and speculating. Perhaps I shouldn't wait so long. But I feel things should go much more smoothly though once I've obtained my work visa. I have no choice but to remain optimistic in such a situation. There's no turning back now! I'm sure things will turn out fine as long as I have the will.


No comments:

Post a Comment